Life Insurance as a Tool for Advanced Estate Planning
Date: September 26, 2018
Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm
Advanced Estate Planning Concepts for Building Your Business.
Build on your basic knowledge of estate planning concepts using Life Insurance.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- The mechanics of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts remain relevant here in the bay area where there is significant wealth concentration
- Expand your understanding of the many options available to your clients through the use of an Irrevocable Trust; the Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts PLUS
- Learn about Advanced Estate Planning Strategies and how they may apply to your clients using Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trusts for estate tax reduction, balancing concentrated positions and moving into retirement communities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts in combination with Irrevocable Living Insurance Trusts to maximize tax savings and provide a reservoir of inheritance for the kids
- Learn about the Alphabet Soup of Advanced Estate Planning and how a basic knowledge of that Planning can grow your business. We will discuss:
- QPRTs (Qualified Personal Residence Trusts)
- CLTs (Charitable Lead Trusts)
- GRATs (Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts)
- QDOTS (Qualified Domestic Trusts for your international clients)
- IDGTs (Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts)
- Learn of wealth preservation strategies through the use of entities including LLC’s and Corporations
- Learn How to work with Estate Planning Attorneys and Tax Professionals to maximize your firm’s business and sphere of influence using Life Insurance.
The Ins and Outs of Proposition 13 and its progeny
- Transferring real estate to the kids without reassessment
- The use of Life Insurance in maximizing the benefits of real property transfers
- The many Tricks and Traps of Proposition 13
- Using entities to maximize property tax saving
CE Credits are for Life Insurance agents, CFPs, CPAs and EAs.
If you would like to sign up for this class, please contact us at:
2070 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in three areas of practice: civil litigation; business; and wealth preservation. To learn more visit us at http://www.mcdlawyers.net. We are a San Mateo based law firm and for more than 50 years, McDowall Cotter’s chief objective has been to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective and efficient.