Life Insurance as a Tool for Advanced Estate Planning
Date: September 21, 2016
Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm
Advanced Estate Planning Concepts for Building Your Business.
Build on your basic knowledge of estate planning concepts.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- The mechanics of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- ILITs remain relevant here in the bay area where there is significant wealth concentration
- Expand your understanding of the many options available to your clients through the use of an Irrevocable Trust; the ILIT PLUS
- Learn about Advanced Estate Planning Strategies and how they may apply to your clients
- Charitable Remainder Trusts for estate tax reduction, balancing concentrated positions and moving into retirement communities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts in combination with ILITs to maximize tax savings and provide a reservoir of inheritance for the kids
- Learn about the Alphabet Soup of Advanced Estate Planning and how a basic knowledge of that Planning can grow your business. We will discuss:
- QPRTs (Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- CLTs (Charitable Lead Trusts)
- GRATs (Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts)
- QDOTS (Qualified Domestic Trusts for your international clients)
- IDGTs (Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts)
- Learn of asset protection strategies through the use of entities including LLC’s and Corporations
- Learn How to work with Estate Planning Attorneys and Tax Professionals to maximize your firm’s business and sphere of influence.
-6 CE Credits- CE Credits are for life insurance agents, CFP’s and CPA’s.
If you would like to sign up for this class please contact us at:
2070 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in three areas of practice: civil litigation; business; and wealth preservation. To learn more visit us at http://www.mcdlawyers.net. We are a San Mateo based law firm and for more than 50 years, McDowall Cotter’s chief objective has been to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective and efficient.