How to Use Life Insurance to Meet Estate Planning Needs and Goals
Date: September 14, 2016
Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm
Building a Good Foundation of Estate Planning Knowledge.
Learn about the business opportunities that come with a basic understanding of estate planning.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The importance of how assets (retirement plans, brokerage accounts real property) are titled, including new California legislation for beneficiary designations for real property.
- The new legislation on Physician-Assisted Suicide for Californians: You will be able to guide your clients when on the specifics of this controversial law
You will get comfortable speaking to your clients about:
- The ‘no estate plan’ plan
- The Will based estate Plan
- The Living Trust Based Estate Plan
You will learn estate tax basics
- The Federal Estate Tax
- The State Inheritance/Estate Tax
- The Annual Exclusion amount and gifts exempt from the Annual Exclusion
- Primer on the capital gains tax and the magic of the basis adjustment.
You will be given the opportunity to think outside the box with Life Insurance
- Planning for Special Needs Kids
- Planning for our Elders
- Planning for Blended Families- his, hers, theirs
The Ins and Outs of Proposition 13 and its progeny.
- Transferring real estate to the kids without reassessment
- The use of life insurance in maximizing the benefits of real property transfers
- The many Tricks and Traps of Proposition 13
-6 CE Credits – CE Credits are for life insurance agents, CFP’s and CPA’s.
If you like to sign up for this class please contact us at:
2070 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in three areas of practice: civil litigation; business; and wealth preservation. To learn more visit us at http://www.mcdlawyers.net. We are a San Mateo based law firm and for more than 50 years, McDowall Cotter’s chief objective has been to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective and efficient.