How to Use Life Insurance to Meet Estate Planning Needs and Goals – 6 CE Credits
Date: September 19, 2018
Time: 8:30 am to 3:00pm
Building a Good Foundation of Estate Planning Knowledge and how to use Life Insurance in the plan.
Learn about the business opportunities that come with a basic understanding of estate planning.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The importance of how assets (retirement plans, brokerage accounts real property and life insurance) are titled, including new California legislation for beneficiary designations for real property.
- The importance of Life Insurance for avoiding real property tax increases.
- The new legislation on Physician-Assisted Suicide for Californians: You will be able to guide your clients when on the specifics of this controversial law that is not treated as suicide.
You will get comfortable speaking to your clients about:
- The ‘no estate plan’ plan
- The Will based estate Plan
- The Living Trust Based Estate Plan
You will learn estate tax basics
- The Federal Estate Tax
- The State Inheritance/Estate Tax
- The Annual Exclusion amount and gifts exempt from the Annual Exclusion and how to use the Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Primer on the capital gains tax and the magic of the basis adjustment.
You will be given the opportunity to think outside the box with Life Insurance for:
- Planning for Special Needs Kids
- Planning for our Elders
- Planning for Blended Families- his, hers, theirs and the importance of Life Insurance.
Learn about A/B/C Trust planning
- New Tax information, estate tax exemption and portability impact estate plans.
- Learn how to supercharge a B Trust using Life Insurance.
-6 CE Credits – CE Credits are for Life Insurance agents, CFPs, CPAs, and EAs.
If you would like to sign up for this class please contact us at:
2070 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in three areas of practice: civil litigation; business; and wealth preservation. To learn more visit us at http://www.mcdlawyers.net. We are a San Mateo based law firm and for more than 50 years, McDowall Cotter’s chief objective has been to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective and efficient.