- This event has passed.
Life Insurance as a Tool for Advanced Estate Planning – McDowall Cotter San Mateo 9/25/2019 8:30am
September 25, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us on Wednesday September 25th from 8:30am to 3:00pm for Part 2 of our CE credited workshop, Life Insurance as a Tool for Adv. Estate Planning. McDowall Cotter is located at 2070 Pioneer Court, San Mateo, CA 94403. McDowall Cotter will be offering 6 CE credits for Collaborative Advisors including CFP’s, CPA, EA and LIFE for in-person attendees only. Lunch will also be provided by McDowall Cotter.
This presentation will build on your basic knowledge of estate planning concepts from our previous seminar on How to Use Life Insurance to Meet Estate Planning Needs & Goals.
In this workshop you will learn about the Ins and Outs of Proposition 13 as well as:
- The mechanics of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Expand your understanding of the many options available to your clients through the use of an Irrevocable Trust; the Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts PLUS
- Learn about Advanced Estate Planning Strategies and how they may apply to your clients using Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trusts for estate tax reduction, balancing concentrated positions and moving into retirement communities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts in combination with Irrevocable Living Insurance Trusts to maximize tax savings and provide a reservoir of inheritance for the kids
- Learn about the Alphabet Soup of Advanced Estate Planning and how a basic knowledge of that Planning can grow your business. We will discuss:
- QPRTs (Qualified Personal Residence Trusts)
- CLTs (Charitable Lead Trusts)
- GRATs (Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts)
- QDOTS (Qualified Domestic Trusts for your international clients)
- IDGTs (Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts)
- Learn of wealth preservation strategies through the use of entities including LLC’s and Corporations
- Learn how to work with estate planning attorneys and tax professionals to maximize your firm’s business and sphere of influence using Life Insurance.
Please note it is not required, but highly recommended to register and attend Part 1 of our Life Insurance seminars (“How to Use Life Insurance to Meet Estate Planning Needs and Goals” on September 18th) as Part 2 will be building off the concepts learned in Part 1.
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in three areas of practice: civil litigation; business; and wealth preservation. To learn more visit us at http://www.mcdlawyers.net. We are a San Mateo based law firm and for more than 50 years, McDowall Cotter’s chief objective has been to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective and efficient.
McDowall Cotter routinely provides such interpretation in the form of coverage opinions. We understand the anatomy of insurance policies and which provisions tend to cause trouble for their issuers. Our estate planning process includes planning for incapacity without probate, and consultations for making well-reasoned decisions whether you are married, have children, are single, or are part of a blended family. Our goal is to provide you with an estate plan that provides for dignity and privacy in the event of incapacity and provides for the efficient and cost effective transfer estate assets in the event of death.
McDowall Cotter’s chief objective is to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective, and efficient. Legal matters can be confusing and intimidating; we make it our business to provide clients with the assistance they need to understand the law and with the services they desire to make it work for them.
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in three areas of practice: civil litigation; business; and wealth preservation.
We pride ourselves on our knowledge, experience, commitment and compassion. We strive, for every client and under every circumstance, to conduct ourselves in ways that combine the care and creativity that make us excellent wealth preservation planners with the determination, teamwork and attention to detail that explain our enduring success as business counselors and litigators.
Check our website at: http://www.mcdlawyers.net/
For more information about our services, contact us at:
2070 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
Mountain View – Satellite Office
800 W El Camino Real, Suite 180,
Mountain View, CA 9040