- This event has passed.
How to Use Life Insurance to Meet Estate Planning Needs & Goals (6 CE Credits) – 3/18/2020 8:30am
March 18 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Join us on Wednesday, March 18th from 8:30am to 3:00pm for our CE credited workshop, How to Use Life Insurance to Meet Estate Planning Needs & Goals. This event provides 6 CE credits for Collaborative Advisors, including CFP’s, CPA’s, EA’s, and Life for in-person attendees only.
Important Update: Our Life Insurance Seminars scheduled for March 18th and March 25th will now be held at the San Francisco Marriott Waterfront hotel located at 1800 Old Bayshore Highway in Burlingame, CA. To attend, you must register using the link below.
Share our link for this event and RSVP today: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-use-life-insurance-to-meet-estate-planning-needs-and-goals-6-ce-credits-mcdowall-cotter-san-tickets-90394246625
In this workshop you will learn:
- The importance of how assets (retirement plans, brokerage accounts real property and life insurance) are titled, including new California legislation for beneficiary designations for real property.
- The importance of Life Insurance for avoiding real property tax increases.
- The new legislation on Physician-Assisted Suicide for Californians: You will be able to guide your clients when on the specifics of this controversial law that is not treated as suicide.
You will get comfortable speaking to your clients about:
- The ‘no estate plan’ plan
- The Will based estate Plan
- The Living Trust Based Estate Plan
You will learn estate tax basics
- The Federal Estate Tax
- The State Inheritance/Estate Tax
- The Annual Exclusion amount and gifts exempt from the Annual Exclusion and how to use the Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Primer on the capital gains tax and the magic of the basis adjustment.
You will be given the opportunity to think outside the box with Life Insurance for:
- Planning for Special Needs Kids
- Planning for our Elders
- Planning for Blended Families- his, hers, theirs and the importance of Life Insurance.
Learn about A/B/C Trust planning
- New Tax information, estate tax exemption and portability impact estate plans.
- Learn how to supercharge a B Trust using Life Insurance.
McDowall Cotter routinely provides such interpretation in the form of coverage opinions. We understand the anatomy of insurance policies and which provisions tend to cause trouble for their issuers. Our estate planning process includes planning for incapacity without probate, and consultations for making well-reasoned decisions whether you are married, have children, are single, or are part of a blended family. Our goal is to provide you with an estate plan that provides for dignity and privacy in the event of incapacity and provides for the efficient and cost effective transfer estate assets in the event of death.
McDowall Cotter’s chief objective is to deliver exemplary legal services that are personalized, effective, and efficient. Legal matters can be confusing and intimidating; we make it our business to provide clients with the assistance they need to understand the law and with the services they desire to make it work for them.
McDowall Cotter provides comprehensive legal services in five areas of practice: trust administration and probate, civil and trust litigation, estate planning, wealth preservation, and small business planning.
We pride ourselves on our knowledge, experience, commitment and compassion. We strive, for every client and under every circumstance, to conduct ourselves in ways that combine the care and creativity that make us excellent wealth preservation planners with the determination, teamwork and attention to detail that explain our enduring success as business counselors and litigators.
Check our website at: http://www.mcdlawyers.net/
For more information about our services, contact us at:
2070 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
Mountain View – Satellite Office
800 W El Camino Real, Suite 180,
Mountain View, CA 94040